Acacia Gallery  
About the Gallery About the Artist Online Gallery In The Media Contact Us

facebook


 

About Us

Designed as a permanent base to exhibit the work of Richard Flynn, the second Acacia Gallery was built in 1997 by David Kantor. Illuminated by cathedral skylights and spotlights, the space was designed to exhibit 40 sizable works in a contemporary setting.  Work began by digging a pond in a marshy area of the property thereby creating a mound to build the gallery on suitable foundations. Maintained by natural springs, within two years the pond matured attracting a wide variety of birds, amphibians and reptiles. By landscaping on a daily basis, Richard Flynn began the compositions of the Lily Pond series at the planting stage. A successful series of paintings on the first pond led to a more ambitious project in 2005, when the second pond was dug. As part of a nature walk, this pond includes an area landscaped for performance and the first musical event was held in 2007.

 








1948 LAKEVIEW ROAD, CAMBRIDGE NARROWS, NEW BRUNSWICK, E4C 1N2 - 506.488.1119